Please find Warranty Claim Form
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS
PD International Inc.
Demon Electric Warranty Policy
Last updated September 2023
All Demon electric bikes, and their discrete covered components are protected against all manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for one year after the purchase of ebike by the customer. The limited warranty is only applicable to original purchaser and its not transferable. You will be responsible for shipping cost associated with returning the discrete components. The limited warranty covers replacement of defective discrete covered components as follows.
All covered components will be replaced at free of cost with in 60 days for period. If its over 60 days and under 1 year period shipping cost will be inquired. Individual Covered Components (as defined herein), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship for one (1) year after the date of a qualifying purchase (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to Canadian ebike purchases (purchases in the United States shall be subject to the applicable warranty terms offered by DEB in those jurisdictions) and in accordance with the following terms:
- Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from DEB's online or physical storefront is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your receipt of the ebike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferee of the ebike.
- The Limited Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of:
- a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), battery lock, chargers
- brake system components (calipers, pistons, brake lever)
- transmission system components (crank set, gear cassette, shifter, pedal arms, derailleur, derailleur hanger)
- motors, throttle, wheel hub, wiring harnesses
- frame, forks, stem, hand grips handles, handlebars, headset, seat post components, bottom bracket, freewheel, kickstand, front basket, rear rack
- lights, bell, sensors, controller, LCD display, reflectors and hardware (each a “Covered Component”).
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
In the event DEB determines a Covered Component is defective, DEB will, as your sole and exclusive remedy and in DEB's sole discretion: (a) repair the defective Covered Component or free of charge with new or refurbished parts; or (b) replace the defective Covered Component with a new Covered Component.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts including, without limitation:
- Wheel Assembly Components
- Brake and Shifting System Components (refer to Demon Technician)
- Rider Contact Components (refer to Demon Technician)
- Chain and Chain Guard
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- The factory does not cover quality issues caused by customer misuse.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DEB will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by DEB that is not an ebike.
Exclusion of Labor Reimbursement
Demon Electric Bikes (DEB) offers a comprehensive Limited Warranty on our electric bikes and covered components. However, it is important for our customers to understand that this warranty does not cover labor costs associated with the repair or replacement of parts.
Our warranty is specifically limited to the replacement or repair of defective components. It does not include any costs related to the labor required for these services.
While DEB does not reimburse for labor costs, our Technical Support team is always available to provide guidance and advice on the maintenance and repair of your ebike. They are equipped to help diagnose issues and suggest the best course of action, which can help in reducing the necessity for costly repairs.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN E-BIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF DEB.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but DEB will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify DEB of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the ebike;
- Provide DEB with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component;
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the ebike at your sole cost, unless DEB agrees writing to pay your shipping costs; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading prior to signing off on the shipment.
Shipping damage claims are very time sensitive and it is your responsibility to immediately inspect the ebike for damage upon receipt.
If you choose to set up your own independent shipping method, such as use of a freight forwarder or other similar service, DEB will not replace any Covered Components damaged during such shipping method.
Credit Card Chargebacks:
If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Limited Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
DEB WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
In order to exercise your right to receive a replacement for a Covered Component under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Contact the DEB Technical Support team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-855-373-4685. The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your ebike to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a Covered Component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective Covered Component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement Covered Component, the Technical Support team will also help in determining how to replace or install the new Covered Component into your ebike.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning a Covered Component, unless DEB agrees in writing to pay for such shipping costs. Replacement Covered Components under this Limited Warranty shall only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DEB's ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE E-BIKE, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW DEB DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE FOR THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.